1. General information
First name: Lugang
Family name: Zhang
Date and place of birth: Feb.8, 1963, Qishan county, shaanxi Province
2. Education and working experiences
1984, BS, Northwest Agricultural College;
1989 MS. Northwest Agricultural University;
1999 Ph.D. Northwest Agricultural University.
1984-1986, administrative fellow, worked in Diversification Office in Baoji County, Shaanxi Province, China;
1989-1999, assistant and associate Professor, worked in Vegetable and Flower Institute of Shaanxi Academy of Agricultural Science (SAAS), Yangling, Shaanxi, China;
1999-present, professor, Horticulture College, Northwest Sci-tech University of Agriculture and Forestry, Yangling, Shaanxi, China.
3. Courses given to undergraduate, graduate and Ph. D students
1. Horticultural Germplasm Resource & Modern Research technology;
2. Horticulture special lecture;
3. Horticultural Germplasm Resource;
4. Vegetable Germplasm Resource;
5. Scientific Research lecture.
4. Main interests in research
1. Improvement of vegetable germplasm and breeding;
2. Improvement and evaluation of horticultural germplasm;
3. Vegetable biotechnology;
4. Regulation of secondary metabolite of Chinese cabbage;
5. Developmental biology of vegetable.
1. The New F1 hybrid of Qinbai series heading Chinese cabbage breeding and its expand, Second Award of National Scientific and Technological Progress, 2004;
2. Breeding technique of alloplasmic male sterile line CMS3411-7 in heading Chinese cabbage, Third Award of National Invention Achievement, 1996;
3. Breeding and Application of Orange Chinese Cabbage Jingan No.1 and No.2, Second Award of Science and Technology of Shaanxi Province, 2009;
4. Study and Demonstration of Key Skill for Leek and Cabbage Non-Polluted Production In West of China, Second Award of Science and Technology of Shaanxi Province, 2008;
5. Demonstration of Integrated Comprehensive Techniques for 6 vegetable new varieties, Second Award of Science and Technology of Shannxi Province, 2006;
6. The New F1 hybrid of heading Chinese cabbage Qinbai No.3,4,5,6 and its breeding techniques, First Award of Scientific and Technological Progress of Shaanxi Province, 1999;
7. Breeding technique of alloplasmic male sterile line CMS3411-7 in heading Chinese cabbage, Second Award of Scientific and Technological Progress of Shaanxi Province, 1994;
8. Generalization of the Qinbai series of heading Chinese cabbage New F1 hybrid, First Award of extension of agricultural Technological of Shaanxi Province,1998;
9. Identification method of black spot disease in Chinese cabbage by artificial incubation in seedling and its population composition, Second Award of Scientific and Technological Progress of Shaanxi Province, 1994;
10. Hybrids of heading Chinese Cabbage Qinbai No.1 and No.2 with "excellent quality, multi-diseases resistance and high production, Second Award of Scientific and Technological Progress of Shaanxi Province, 1993.
Professor Zhang has published more than 120 research papers in Acta Botanica Sinica, Acta Horticulturae Sinica and Acta Horticulturae etc., 2 of which were embodied in SCI (SCIence Citation Index), and has published 3 treatises as the chief author and 3 books also as contributer another.