Zhang Jianxia, Professor, Doctoral supervisor
NorthwestA & F University
22 Xi-nong Road
Yangling, Shaanxi 712100, China
Education and Academic Experience:
June 2012-June 2012, Visiting scholar, CSIRO Plant Industry, Australia
August 2009-August 2010, Visiting scholar, USDA Appalachian Fruit Research Station, USA
2006-2008 Post doctoral, China Agricultural University, Food Biotechnology
2000-2006 Ph.D., Northwest A & F University, Pomology
1996-1999 M.S., Northwest A & F University, Pomology
1989-1992, Nanjing Agricultural University, Plant Protection
Professional and Expertise:
1. Member of Chinese Horticultural Society
2. Council Member of Horticultural Society of Shaanxi Province
1.Grape germplasm resource and genetic breeding
2.Grape molecular biology
1.Plant Breeding （double languages）
2.Fruit Tree Breeding
3. Horticultural Plant Breeding Practice
1. Modern Biotechnology （partial contents）
2.Horticultural Botany Research Progress （partial contents）
The Main Academic Achievements:
1. Five new grape cultivars, ‘Qinxiu’， ‘Qinhong No.1’， ‘Qinhong No.2’， ‘Qinhong No.6’， ‘Qinhong No.10’， were selected （registered in 2012 by Shaanxi province）。
2.Eight molecular markers linked to powdery mildew-resistant genes, two molecular markers linked to anthracnose-resistant genes and two molecular markers linked to cold-resistant genes in Chinese wild Vitis were got.
3. A cDNA library of cold-resistant genes in Chinese wild V. amurensis was constructed. A special expression gene VaERD15 in cold-resistance process of V. amurensis was cloned and its function was analyzed.
4. Genetically modified research was performed and some transgenic grape plants were got.
（1） ‘Embryo rescue technique system and establishment of new strains breeding disease-resistant seedless grapes’ won Shaanxi Province Science and TechnologySecond Class Prize in 2005. （Number two）
（2） ‘Chinese wild Vitis plant powdery mildew resistance gene cloning research’ won Shaanxi Province Science and TechnologyFirst Prize in 2008. （Number nine）
（3） ‘Southern wine grape varieties ‘Lingfeng’ selection and related technology research and industrialization’ won Guangxi Province Science and Technology Second Class Prize in 2014. （Number five）
6. National invention patents:
（1）‘A nutrient solution to improve quality seedless grape berries’。 Patent number: ZL03134236.1. （Number three）
（2）‘A kind of culture medium for disease-resistant seedless grapes embryo rescue cultivation and sprout’。 Patent number:ZL02139330.3. （Number four）
（3） ‘A polymerization breeding method of disease-resistant seedless grape’。 Patent number:ZL02139331.1. （Number four）
Publications （selected publications from peer-reviewed journals, *: Corresponding author）
1. Jianxia Zhang*, Xingchang Wu, Ruxuan Niu, Yang Liu, Nan Liu, Weirong Xu, Yuejin Wang. Cold-resistance enaluation in 25 wild grape species. Vitis, 2012, 51 （4）， 153-160
2.J. Zhang*, N. Liu, R. Niu, Y. Liu, H. Zhai, W. Xu, Y. Wang. Construction of a cDNA library of the Chinese wild Vitis amurensis under cold stress and analysis of potential hardiness-related expressed sequence tags. Genetics and Molecular Research, 2013, 12（2）：1182-1193
3. J. Zhang*, Y. Zhang, H. Yu, Y. Wang. Evaluation of powdery mildew-resistance of grape germplasm and rapid amplified polymorphic DNA markers associated with the resistant trait in Chinese wild Vitis. Genetics and Molecular Research, 2014, 13（2）：3599-3614
4.Lingmin Dai, Qi Zhou, Ruimin Li, Yangjian Du, Jing He, Dan Wang, Siyan Cheng, Jianxia Zhang*, Yuejin Wang*. Establishment of a picloram-induced somatic embryogenesis system in Vitis vinifera cv. chardonnay and genetic transformation of a stilbene synthase gene from wild-growing Vitis species. Plant Cell Tiss Organ Cult, 2015, 121:397-412
5. Zhang Jian-xia, Wang Yue-jin*, Xu Yan. The resistance of Chinese wild Vitis to Uncinula necator and its inheritance in F1 generation. Agrucultural Sciences in China, 2002, 1（2）： 195-199
6.Wang Yuejin*, Zhang Jianxia, Wang Xiping, Xu Yan, Wan Yizhen. RAPD markers linked to the disease resistance genes in Chinese wild Vitis. Acta Hort. 625, ISHS 2003, 97-105
7. Zhang Jian-xia*, Niu Ruxuan. The present situation and prospect of embryo rescue technique research in seedless grape breeding. Acta Horticulturae Sinica, 2013, 40（9）：1645-1655
8. Zhang Jian-xia, Wang Yue-jin*, Li Pei-ling, Zhang Jin-jin, Pan Xue-jun, Xu Yan, Tang Hai-bo. In vitro culture and high frequency propagation of Chinese wild Vitis. Acta Horticulturae Sinica, 2004, 31（1）：90-93
9. Zhang Jianxia, Wang Yuejin*, Yang Yazhou, Yu Hao. Synthesis and application on DNA probe for detecting anthracnose resistance gene in grape. Journal of Agricultural Biotechnology, 2010, 18（5）：985-992
10. Zhang Jianxia, Wang Yuejin*, Zhou Bangjun, Xu Weirong, Zhang Yanyan. Clone and sequence analysis of RAPD markers linked to the resistant powdery mildew genes in Chinese wild Vitis. Journal of Agricultural Biotechnology, 2008, 16（3）：481-485
11.《The Fruit Tree Dictionary》（ Participate in writing）， China Agriculture Press, June 2007
12.《Grape Quality Cultivation of Practical Technology》（Editor）， Northwest A & F University Press, November 2012
13.《Grape Genetic Breeding and Genomics》（Associate Editor）， Jiangsu Science and Technology Press, October 2014
To undertake the projects of scientific research：
1. TheNational Public Welfare Industry Research（Grant No. 201203075）：Grape rootstock collection, evaluation and selection. Ministry of Agriculture of China, January 2012 to December 2016. RMB600000.
2.The National Sci-Tech Support Plan （Grant No. 2013BAD02B04）： Grape rootstock breeding. Ministry of Science & Technology of China, January 2013 to December 2017. RMB620000.
3. Shaanxi Fruit Industry Development Project Plan （Grant No. 2014-1-12）：Excellent new grape breeding and regional test. Shaanxi Fruit Industry Bureau, January 2014 to December 2017. RMB100000.
4. Tang Zhongying Fund of Crop Breeding （Grant No.2012-97）：Grape germplasm innovation and new variety breeding. NorthwestA & F University, July 2012 to June 2017. RMB110000.
5.The Establishment of Grape Science and Technology Demonstration Garden of Baoji City Jintai District. Baoji City Jintai District People's Government, July 2014 to December 2016. RMB450000.