1. General information
First name: Jianming
Family name: Li
Date and place of birth: Sep. 17, 1966. Luochuan County, Shaanxi Province
Title: Professor, Doctor
2. Education and working experiences
2007.11- : Working for a post-doctoral programme in Institute of Soil and Water Conservation, Chinese Academy of Sciences & Ministry of Water Resources.
2002. 09-2005.07: Study for a doctoral degree in Department of Horticulture, Northwest Agricultural University, Yangling, Shaanxi, BSc
1995.07-1999.07: Study for the master's degree in Department of Horticulture, Northwest Agricultural University, Yangling, Shaanxi, BSc
1987.07-1991.07: Undergraduate study in Department of Horticulture, Northwest Agricultural University, Yangling, Shaanxi, BSc.
2009.11-: Professor, College of Horticulture, Nowthwest University of Agriculture and Forestry, Yangling, Shaaxi, P. R. China.
2001.1-2009.11: Associate professor, College of Horticulture, Nowthwest University of Agriculture and Forestry, Yangling, Shaaxi, P. R. China.
1996.11-2001.11: Lecturer, College of Horticulture, Nowthwest University of Agriculture and Forestry, Yangling, Shaaxi, P. R. China.
1991.7-1996.11: Assistant, College of Horticulture, Nowthwest University of Agriculture and Forestry, Yangling, Shaaxi, P. R. China.
3. Courses given to undergraduate, graduate and Ph. D students
Courses for undergraduates:
1. protected agricultural environmental engineering;
2. protected horticulture;
3. horticultural facilities;
4. protected vegetable cultivation;
5. industrialized agriculture;
6. vegetable cultivation;
7. soilless cultivation.
Courses for graduates and Ph. D students:
1. development of protected horticulture;
2. advanced protected agricultural environmental engineering;
3. greenhouse crop growth modeling;
4. specialized English.
4. Main interests in research
1.. physiology and ecology of protected vegetables;
2. protected environment engineering;
3. organic vegetable cultivation;
4. layout of modern protected agriculture parks.
5. Main academic activities
1. XVIIth World Congress of CIGR, Québec, Canada, 2010.
2. Proceedings of international Forum on Bio-environmental and Bio-energy Engineering, Beijing, China, 2003.
Since 1991, Li has been working hard on research and practice of protected horticulture. He has co-worked in such projects as the state-support "the 10th five years" and "the 11th five years" projects of industrialized agriculture, protected agricultural science and technology, sectional plan supported by Ministry of Agriculture. He has directed and finished 3 programmes sponsored by Ministry of Education, 3 key scientific and technological projects in Shaanxi Province, and taken part in the branch project of state 863 protected agriculture programme. He has finished 6 state-leveled projects, 1 project sponsored by Hong Kong fund of Asian agricultural research and development, and 7 province-leveled projects. He now has 17 projects unfinished in which there are 11 that are directed by him. He is a member of the state sectional plan and industry system research team and a scientist participating in the vegetable industry innovation system in Shaanxi Province.
1. second prize for state-leveled teaching achievement
2. "shock worker of Shaanxi Province"
3. "excellent youth of Yangling"
(1) Tessa M. Mills, Jianming Li, M. Hossein, Behboudian. 2009. Physiological respose of gold kiwifruit (Actinidia chinensis) to reduced irrigation..Journal of America Soc.Hort. Sci. (Sci).134(6): 667-683.
(2) Jianming Li, Xiaoyan Wang, Zhirong Zou. 2009. The effect of upper-limit of soil water content on tomato and cucumber. Journal of applied horticulture .11(2):112-113.
(3) Li Jianming, Wu Pute, M.H. Behboudian. 2008. Respones of muskmelon to cattle or sheep manure composed mixed with sandy soil. Journal of Organic Systems. 3(2):40-50.
(4) Li Jianming; Wang Ping; Li Jiang. Effect of irrigation amount on physiology, biochemistry and fruit quality of greenhouse tomato under sub-low temperatures. Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Engineering (Ei) 2010，22（2）：203-208.
(5) Li Jianming; Zou Zhirong; Liu Yingchun; Wang Zhonghong. Temperature and water driven growth shape simulation and model of musk melon seedlings. Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Engineering. (Ei) 2006，22（11):203-208.
(6) Li Jian-ming; Zou Zhirong. Effects of air temperature, solar radiation and soil water on dry matter accumulation and allocation of greenhouse muskmelon seedlings and related simulation models. Chinese Journal of Applied Ecology ，2007. 18（12):2715-2721